Family Drug Support operates a national 24 hr, 7 day a week telephone support service for families affected by alcohol and other drug issues.
Some of the benefits of volunteering for FDS include:
- Learning and applying practical skills
- Enhanced self-awareness
- Opportunity to give back to your community
- Ongoing support and education in your work with FDS
- Flexible telephone shifts from your own home phone
- Opportunity to meet like-minded persons
"The time on the lines has been wonderful, the learning and sharing with other parents, siblings, and friends of drug users has been one of the biggest learning experiences of my life. I have fully appreciated the opportunity to listen and offer support to callers." - Maureen
We are looking for MATURE people who are:
- Committed to volunteer a shift every two or three weeks for a minimum of twelve months
- Good listeners
Please Note: You DO NOT have to have extensive knowledge of alcohol and drug issues nor do you need to be a counsellor.
COST: Training is only available to FDS members - FDS Membership
$30. A training manual is also required ($30).
NOTE: ACCESS TO A FIXED LANDLINE IS ESSENTIAL.