Family Drug Support
(FDS) is a caring, non-religious organisation which provides non-judgmental, non-directive support and information for families and friends of drug and/or alcohol users across Australia. Since 1997, Family Drug Support has successfully provided programmes/services in this area.
FDS is seeking an Experienced Administration officer, to undertake Grant application writing and other higher skilled Administration work, 5 days (35 hours) per week, in the Katoomba office, New South Wales.
The purpose of this position is to source and apply for appropriate grant opportunities and successfully manage grants through to final acquittal processes. The position will also provide high level administration to the Development Manager, working in other areas of the business as directed.
Including (but not exhaustive):
- Source and apply for grant opportunities and finalise all acquittals
- Financial and reporting experience
- Ensure all compliance risk issues are minimised
- Support quality service delivery
- Maintain effective working relationships
- Review and develop systems, policies and processes
- Represent the organisation on committees and networks as directed
- Focus on developing and strengthening community partnerships and inclusive community options
Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, time manage, prioritise and deal with a number of competing responsibilities
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain close relationships with business/industry, employers, representatives of government and non-government agencies etc.
- Ability to research and resolve matters
- Tertiary qualifications in Business/Administration or relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years' experience undertaking grant applications/reporting writing or similar, with a proven success rate
- Proven High level Administration experience
- Goals oriented and high level of organisation
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility in relation to after-hours work (as required)
- High level computer knowledge, including the use of Microsoft office products and PowerPoint.
- Unencumbered NSW drivers licence
- Understanding of and commitment to Harm Minimisation, Social Justice and FDS’ model.
- Drug and Alcohol knowledge or related industry knowledge
Training & Support:
- Ability to undertake FDSs Volunteer training course to provide phone support to families
- FDS will provide training and support in relation to the advertised role
Salary package of between $55k and $65K (plus Superannuation), dependant on skills and experience, with
an option to salary sacrifice. Successful completion of a Federal Criminal Records check will be required.
An initial 12 month contracted period will be negotiated with the successful candidate, with the possibility of
extension dependent on funding. There will be a 6 month probationary period.
FDS is proud to be an EEO employer. FDS supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our
diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close: 20th July, 2018. Please email an expression of interest and your resume to: