(FDS) is a caring, non-religious organisation which provides non-judgmental, non-directive support and information for families and friends of drug and/or alcohol users across Australia. Support services and programmes for families of drug dependents are recognised gaps in most drug treatment services. Since 1997, Family Drug Support has successfully provided programmes in this area.
Location of position: situated in Adelaide, covering the state of South Australia.
- Create partnerships with AOD services/agencies
- Liaise with drug treatment services and assist them to identify skills and capacities in working with
families and carers of those in treatment that need enhancement.
- Establish new family support groups
- Provide counselling for families. Face to face and over the phone.
- Provide in services to AOD workers.
- Deliver FDS’ Stepping Forward information sessions
- Deliver FDS’ Stepping Stones to Success courses
- Work with the SA team to deliver programs in South Australia
- Tertiary qualifications in psychology, social work or other relevant social science, public health or working towards the same
- Minimum of 5 years experience, working with families and/or in the D&A sector.
- Membership in relevant professional associations (e.g. APS, AASW, APSAD).
- Goals oriented and high level of organisation
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven experience in working with people experiencing alcohol and other drug-related difficulties and working with AOD workers
- Commitment to personal and professional growth and development
- Participation in relevant workforce development activities
- Group counselling skills and experience
- Understanding of and commitment to Harm Minimisation, Social Justice and FDS’ model
- Ability to promote FDS services through delivering information sessions and educational sessions
- Available for intra-and interstate travel and after hours work (as required)
- Ability to meet targets and timelines for reporting
- Computer competence, including the use of Microsoft office products and Power point
- Unencumbered QLD drivers licence
Training & Support
- FDS will provide full training and support
Salary package of $72K with an option to salary sacrifice. A motor vehicle, mobile telephone, laptop computer and printer will be supplied for business purposes.
An initial 12 month contracted period will be negotiated with the successful candidate, with the possibility of extension dependant on funding. There will be a 6 month probationary period.
Applications close: 6th October 2017 at 5pm.
Previous applicants do not need to re-apply.