Family Drug Support
(FDS) is a caring, non-religious organisation which provides non-judgmental, non-directive support and information for families and friends of drug and/or alcohol users across Australia. Since 1997, Family Drug Support has successfully provided programmes/services in this area.
FDS is seeking a Qld based State Manager, 35 hours per week.
Hours are flexible, dependent on the requirements of the role – 'to meet families' needs'.
Location of position: situated in Brisbane, covering the state of Qld. (Travelling between the Brisbane base and Rockhampton base).
Scope of Position:
Manage FDS service provisions within the state of Queensland. Manage 2 teams to effectively deliver programs and services in line with KPIs and funding arrangements.
- Oversee delivery of KPIs for all funding agreements in QLD
- Manage and co-ordinate FDS Remembrance Ceremonies, Inter-National FDS Day and other key FDS events
- Manage and co-ordinate media engagement with FDS
- Manage all FDS staff work and activities (exc. BTD, volunteers and other Head Office responsibilities)
- Establishment and maintenance of Support Groups
- Ability to schedule and undertake the provision of Stepping Stones & Stepping Forwards courses
- Ability to schedule and undertake the provision of family and individual counselling services
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing, or holding a senior position, preferably within the drug and alcohol field
- Experience of program delivery
- Experience of managing a team to undertake service provision
- Proven experience in working with people experiencing alcohol and other drug-related difficulties and working with AOD workers
- Proven experience working in, or thorough understanding of the social climate, impact and social issues associated with drug and alcohol abuse
- Ability to promote FDS services through delivering information sessions and educational sessions
- Available for intra-and interstate travel, weekend and after hours work (as required)
- Ability to meet targets and timelines for reporting
- Goals oriented and high level of organisation
- Computer competence, including the use of Microsoft office products and Power point
- Unencumbered QLD drivers licence
- Commitment to personal and professional growth and development
- Understanding of and commitment to Harm Minimisation and Social Justice
- Ability to understand and embrace the FDS model and philosophies. Imparting them to staff, volunteers and other key stakeholders
- Ability to consolidate reports from multiple sources and provide to Head office as required
- Tertiary qualifications in psychology, social work or other relevant social science, public health or working towards the same
- Provision of counselling to families in crisis, programming and facilitating educational or group programs
- Group counselling skills and experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience, working with families, the D&A sector and/or relevant field
- Membership in relevant professional associations (e.g. APS, AASW, APSAD)
Training & Support:
- FDS will provide full training and support
Salary package of between $74K to $80K plus Superannuation (dependant on demonstrated skills and experience), with an option to salary sacrifice. A Company car, mobile telephone, laptop computer and printer will be supplied for business purposes.
An initial 12 month contracted period will be negotiated with the successful candidate, with the possibility of extension dependant on funding. There will be a 6 month probationary period.
FDS is proud to be an EEO employer. FDS supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
A successful Federal Criminal Records check is a requirement of the role.
Applications close: Friday, 24th August, 2018 at COB