Family Drug Support
(FDS) is a caring, non-religious organisation which provides non-judgmental, non-directive support and information for families and friends of drug and/or alcohol users across Australia. Since 1997, Family Drug Support has successfully provided programmes/services in this area.
FDS is seeking a motivated Family Project officer to establish and expand the service in Victoria, providing support to families affected by alcohol and other drugs. We are offering either a full-time (35 hour) or a part-time (21 or 28 hours) position, working ‘flexible’ hours, “to suit family’s requirements”.
Location of position: based in Melbourne covering the state of Victoria.
(Travelling where required, as directed by the CEO.)
- Liaise with AOD services and assist them to identify skills and capacities in working with families and carers of those in treatment that need enhancement
- Help promote, run existing and establish new family support groups
- Deliver FDS’ Stepping Forward information sessions
- Deliver FDS’ Stepping Stones to Success courses
- Experience in social work or drug and alcohol services
- Experience in working with families
- Group counselling skills and experience
- Training experience
- Membership in relevant professional associations
- Phone calls to/from families needing 1 on 1 support
- Proven administration excellence, including reporting on time and ability to meet KPIs and timelines
- Goal oriented and high level of organisation
- Proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Proven experience in working with people experiencing alcohol and other drug-related difficulties and working with AOD workers
- Commitment to personal and professional growth and development
- Participation in relevant workforce development activities
- Understanding of and commitment to Harm Minimisation, Social Justice and FDS’ model.
- Ability to promote FDS services through delivering information sessions and educational sessions
- Ability to undertake intra and interstate travel and after hours work (as required)
- Ability to work with FDS volunteers to support the delivery of this program
- Computer competence, including the use of Microsoft Office products and PowerPoint
- Unencumbered VIC driver’s licence. (This is a requirement of employment.)
- Ability to adhere to FDS policies and procedures
- Commitment and involvement with quality processes, including reporting incidents/hazards.
- Other requirements as directed by the CEO/Head Office
Training & Support:
- FDS will provide full training and support in the FDS model and its programs
- You will be required to undertake a full induction process which will include orientation and training (possibly interstate)
- Salary package of between $68K to $72K (prorata) plus superannuation (dependent on demonstrated skills and experience), with an option to salary sacrifice. A mobile telephone, laptop computer and printer will be supplied for business purposes and dependent on offer, a company car may also be supplied for work use
- An initial 12 month contracted period will be negotiated with the successful candidate, with the possibility of extension dependent on funding. There will be a 6 month probationary period
FDS is proud to be an EEO employer. FDS supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
A Federal Criminal Records check will be conducted and a successful check is a requirement of ongoing employment.